cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Schwarz" <saschw...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Sitemap Component for XML Validation?
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 22:13:18 GMT
Hi,
I know this isn't what you asked...
In my scenario I only validate uploads of XML docs (very small percentage of
site's use). My site's "contract" is that any files existent on the server
are valid to the schema. For me it was easiest to create an action that
basically invokes Xerces dom.ASBuilder.main against the uploaded file and
the XSD schema and succeeds or fails as appropriate. Then the regular
sitemap logic can be used to provide feedback to the user.

It isn't as clever as hooking right into the stream as you propose but it
was expedient for my situation.
Maybe this helps if you don't have to validate too many documents and can
afford the disk writes/reads.

Best regards
Steve