cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nicolas Toper" <nto...@jouve.fr>
Subject RE: [Portal] Content Management within a portal?
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 08:21:23 GMT
why don't you use the portal engine with cocoon?

http://www.google.fr/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=por
tal+engine+cocoon

>From what you say, it does what you want to do :=)

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Darach Cawley [mailto:dcawley@tssg.org]
Envoyé : vendredi 26 septembre 2003 10:24
À : Cocoon
Objet : [Portal] Content Management within a portal?

Hi there,
I'm looking into creating a customisable portal.
A number of services will be availble through this portal, but depending on
who is using the portal, different  services are displayed.  I don't just
mean setting default categories like roles though.  Each person can
customise the look of the portal and select what services are displayed and
where.  I have created the portal but its messy and lacks the dynamic
generation of the content.
Can anyone help with this problem or point me to something that might help?

I was thinking maybe the persons content prefernces could be stored in an
xml file and their content look and feel could be stored in an xslt.  These
could then be loaded when the user logs in to the portal.
Is this possible.
My project depends on a good portal so any help with this would be great!
Thanks

Darach Cawley,
Research Assistant,
TSSG, Waterford, Ireland.