cocoon-users mailing list archives

From <gregor.bertr...@daimlerchrysler.com>
Subject getting parameters from the sitemap for my own transformer
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 07:10:08 GMT
Hello,

i have written a transformer which is needed for my project. This
transformer has to work in two modes which should be specified by a
parameter passed in the sitemap:

-- this is what i wrote in my sitemap --

<map:transformer name="acltransformer" src=
"com.daimlerchrysler.mediathek.acl.ACLTransformer">
</map:transformer>

<map:transform type="acltransformer">
   <map:parameter name="ignore_type" value="true"/>
</map:transform>

----

-- this is what i wrote in my transformer --

public class ACLTransformer extends AbstractSAXTransformer implements
Parameterizable, Poolable
{

public void parameterize(Parameters parameters) throws ParameterException
{
      this.ignore_type = parameters.getParameterAsBoolean("ignore_type",
false);
}

----

The value of my Boolean variable ignore_type is set to false, which means
that the parameter from the sitemap couldn' t be passed to my class.

I think the way I use the interface Parameterizable is correct and i' d
like to know if i have to do further modifications to my sitemap or perhaps
to the cocoon.xconf file.

Thank you for your help.

Gregor Bertrand