Try extending Cocoon's AbstractCompositeTestCase. It sets up mock objects and is set up to test generators, transformers and serializers. You can configure basic components and test them as well.  The only thing I haven't figured out how to test with it is an input module.

Ralph
-----Original Message-----
From: Nicolas Maisonneuve [mailto:n.maisonneuve@HotPOP.com]
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2003 2:24 PM
To: cocoon user
Subject: tescase avalon component in cocoon

hy,
i would like use the Excalibur Testcase for test my avalon component in cocoon
but i don't know how do ?

i tried  with this code but my component use contextualize method  and
there is a contextException because the context object is not a cocoon context
note : i have not experience in TestCase..

my code :

public class TestIndexComponentImpl extends ExcaliburTestCase {

  public TestIndexComponentImpl(String name) {
    super(name);
  }

    super.setUp();
    FileInputStream reader=new FileInputStream("d://testcase.xml");
    this.prepare(reader);
  }

  protected void tearDown() throws Exception {
    super.tearDown();
  }

  public void testAnalyzer() {
    try {
      AnalyzerManager manager = (AnalyzerManager)this.lookup(AnalyzerManager.ROLE);
    }
    catch (ComponentException ex) {
      ex.printStackTrace();
    }