cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joose Vettenranta <jo...@iki.fi>
Subject Cocoon 2.0.4 and stalling && installing for several vhosts
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 06:37:38 GMT
Hi,

I have following setup:
- Apache 2 as proxy-server
- tomcat 4.1.27 as servlet-server
- java j2sdk1.4.1_01
- cocoon: 2.0.4

And If I do some developing and cocoon has to compile stuff. After a
while, everything is stalled. If I make a request (directly to :8080
port where tomcat is running or go through apache) nothing happens.
Using top to see that none of those java processes is not needing more
cpu than they use when they are idle. Reloading page won't help. Only
restarting tomcat is helping. Where to start finding where it's broken?

Should I upgrade to 2.1.2 and to java 1.4.2?

And totally different subject: How to place smartly few hosts.

Scenario: I have currently about 4 virtual hosts and more is coming.
Should I just make one cocoon instance to tomcat and in cocoon do
directroy structure like this:

sitemap.xmap
META-INF/
<host1>/sitemap.xmap
<host2>/sitemap.xmap
WEB-INF/

or just run cocoon on every host? Or should I even run own tomcat for
every host?

Thanks,

Joose Vettenranta
--