cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Chris Wilkes <cwilkes-coc...@ladro.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for diffs of cocoon releases to save bandwidth
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 00:34:24 GMT
Following up on my post, I created three files to upgrade 2.1rc1 to 2.1.2:

Size(MB) Desc
  .5     patch file to update all the non-binaries
17.4     all the new files
< .1     basic shell commands to create dirs, copy files

It took some time as some directories moved around (ie scratchpad moved
to blocks/scratchpad) to figure out what was going on.  But the total
patch size at 18MB is about half the size of the 33MB full download of
2.1.2.

Most of that 17.4MB is made up from the new jars icu4j.jar
batik-all-1.5.jar and jena-2.0.0.jar which come in at 8.5MB.

If anyone on the dev team is interested send me an email and I'll make
the files available for download (bandwidth concerns prohibit me from
sharing to all) to test out.

Chris