cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: JXForms vs. Woody vs. KISS
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:46:13 GMT
It depends on the size and complexity of your project. At the end maybe
the complexity is the key role in the choose.

>From my own experience (a little more than a year with cocoon), I prefer
to use woody for any size, because since this is true about a new grammar,
but there are many grammar you any way soon or later will need to learn.
>From mid last year to today I needed to learn:

Java, HTML, XHTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, POI, FOP, SVG, SITEMAP, XSP, XPATH,
Javascript, OJB, JDO, Original DB Actions, Modular DB Actions, Forrest and
others than right now does not come to my mind.

So adding woody is not a problem of "just add a new grammar" Then plus for
using woody is to get the so claimed "Separation of Concerns". So the new
woody grammars:

definition, binding and template + flow are good enough to acomplish the
"promised land" :-D

BTW, Woody will be renamed to Cocoon forms. I think this cleary explain
the way cocoon is going right now.

So I think: "stop thinking in what is the best that and come to woody! :-D

This is just my opinion. ;)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo