cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Andrzej Jan Taramina" <andr...@chaeron.com>
Subject Re: JXForms vs. Woody vs. KISS
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2003 13:19:32 GMT
Oleg said:

> Another approach is http://sourceforge.net/projects/chiba  which I have
> looked at briefly, but found the same flaw as with JXForms and Woody --
> a requirement that server side code is written. IMO, the amount of
> server side code should be minimized, which once again is possible for
> most simple flows using RequestGenerator,Form Validator and XSLT.

I've been using Chiba (and a pre-release version of Chicoon which integrates
Chiba with Cocoon) quite extensively on a client project, but I have not had
to write any server-side code yet. Some XSL transforms.  Some declarative XML
files which specify the form definition (using a mix of XForms and
XHTML)...but no code.

So I'm a bit puzzled as to why you think Chiba XForms needs server side code
added since this is contrary to my recent experiences.

You might want to take a closer look at Chiba....and Chicoon.

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com