cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Request attributes from XSP and input modules
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2003 19:24:03 GMT
Mika Fonsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to pass a string as request attribute from an XSP to a
> XSLT-stylesheet using an input module. The case #1 works fine.
>
> However, in case #2 if I put an XSLT-transformer in between and try to
> read the attribute using an input module, nothing gets trough.
>
> What could be the problem?

This is a timing problem and sort of a FAQ. So, please search the list
for an in depth explanation. In short, pipeline setup happen *before*
pipeline execution IOW when you pass the parameter to the setup method
of your transformer, the generator (the XSP) hasn't been executed and
thus the parameter is not set, yet.

> Ultimately I'm trying to use the string in an mod-db action, but I left
> that part out because of the complexity. I'm actually preprocessing the
> post-parameters from a browser before the mod-db action, would there be
> a better way doing this?

This would not work as -- again -- the action is run before the XSP is
selected. You may write an XSP-action (or Java action) for this or a
custom input module. Maybe you can achieve the desired effect by
combining several modules...

You may want to consider flow.

	Chris.

--