cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: log messages of actions and modules
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 08:33:36 GMT
Michael Wolf wrote:

> Hello,
> Is there a introduction to the cocoon log-system?
>
> I look for log-messages in the WEB-INF/logs directory.
> And I can also write my own error messages from the flow, but I cannot
> find any messages from my input/output modules and the modular
> database actions I use.

The modules log to core.log while the actions log to sitemap.log.
However, you'll need to set the log-level in WEB-INF/logkit.xconf to
DEBUG for those
targets in order to see anything.

If you modify the logger attribute for the components (-> cocoon.xconf
for modules,
-> sitemap.xmap for actions) you can introduce a new target or a
subtarget in logkit.xconf
and let only those components you're interested in log more verbosibly.

Apart from that, I expect that you'll find documentation for logkit on
the logkit pages http://avalon.apache.org/logkit

    Chris.