cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Lars Huttar" <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject RE: content aggregation + links to used files
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 20:54:03 GMT
> it's because as soon as you use a ns in your xml document,
> the xsl spec says

Actually it is the XML Namespaces spec that describes this
behavior (http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xml-names-19990114/).

> that an unnommed xml tag refers to the default ns.
> So basically:
> <root xmlns:ns="ns" xmlns:"ns2">
> <ns2:one>
> 	<two>
> </...>
> two has actually ns as ns bc it is the default ns for this
> subsection of this
> xml doc

I'm not sure what was intended here... there are a few typos;
but the above statement is not accurate.

If Nicolas meant

<root xmlns:ns="ns" xmlns="ns2">
  <ns2:one>
    <two>
  </...>

then the element <two> is in the "ns2" namespace (the default namespace),
not in "ns". However this XML will not be accepted by a namespace-
aware application anyway, because the prefix "ns2" is not declared.

As for why removing namespaces fixed the problem, we have had these
sorts of problems before too, and had to remove namespaces to fix
them. We never could figure out why, other than assuming that Xalan
had a bug regarding namespaces.

Lars