cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Cocon as a XSP parser only
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 09:29:00 GMT
Frans Thamura, Intercitra wrote:

> anyone know how to make cocoon only parse an xsp only, and the rest
> will become tomcat standard, so i can use struts, turbine, webwork
> inside my context
>
> can you help me?

First a disclaimer: I've never used XSP.

AFAIK, XSP in Cocoon is a set of XSL stylesheets that transform XSP into
Java. That java is then compiled end executed. The java that is created
is in the form of a Cocoon Generator.

If you want to extract the XSP handling, you would need to get those
stylesheets from within Cocoon's codebase, and amend them to produce the
code that you want instead.

I've no idea how easy or hard that would be, nor why you would want to
do this.

Regards, Upayavira