cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Joe D. Williams" <joe_d_willi...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: Sentiment and gratitude to all Cocoon developers
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 03:42:25 GMT
Alfredas,

I think it is great that you posted to the mail list to thank the
developers. I was also impressed by the increase in the workload of your
system.

I am a technical writer and former journalist and am interested in how you
created your content management system with Cocoon. If you would be so kind
as to describe the features you used and the workflows supported, I would be
grateful. For example, do you use the slashedit editor to enable your site
authors to create content, and if so, how do you allow the deletion of files
(web pages).

Finally, I am curious as to your own background. Are you a Java programmer,
Web developer, system admin, or what? Just wondering what kind of users
Cocoon is attracting.

All of this is for my own information, as I believe Cocoon offers a very
attractive toolkit for XML processing and content management, and would like
to use it as the basis of helping technical writing departments, etc. take
advantage of the power of XML.

Thanks.

Joe D. Williams
Austin, Texas