cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Petru Dimulescu <adrian.dimule...@free.fr>
Subject Re: reusing a result set with esql
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:07:39 GMT
On Wednesday 18 February 2004 20:58, Christopher Painter-Wakefield wrote:
> Could you be more specific on what it is you are trying to do?  Perhaps we
> can see a way to do it in one iteration.

Well, I'm experimenting with XUL as frontend and Cocoon as backend. Mozilla
XUL trees like RDF so I use Cocoon on the backend to generate it. When I want
to generate the RDF/XML for a list of Partners, the RDF contains :

* as many <RDF:description ... > as there are rows (Partners) in the
ResultSet.
* then an <RDF:Seq> in order to predicate the fact that those entities are
part of a list. Every item of the <RDF:Seq> is a _reference_ to the defined
entity.

Now that you mentioned it I realize that it is possible to not use references
but textually include the entities <RDF:description> in the <RDF:Seq>. In my
case that would work and I will use it tomorrow :) But if one wants to
describe in the same RDF/XML several different lists or graphs of the same
entities, using references becomes unavoidable. So iterating through the
ResultSet several times also becomes necessary, I think.

> If you are comfortable with logicsheets, then you might consider extending
> the esql logicsheet yourself, and posting your extensions back to the
> Cocoon developers.

I am quite new to XSP/logicsheets but they seem so wonderfully simple; I'll
take a look anyway to the esql logicsheet to see if I can make something of
it.

Best regards,
Adrian.