cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marcin Okraszewski <okrasz_n...@o2.pl>
Subject Re: Which XSLT is used for XSP logicsheets???
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2004 19:07:27 GMT
> Bad idea! I would not use processor dependent code for it. ...

I feel the same about it!! :-(

> But I wonder if you really need DB access from within the stylesheet?
> What's the use case for it? Why don't you access the DB from within XSP,
> e.g. via ESQL?

Of course I can move the code from XSP translation to generation page -
in fact this is the current situation.

I have a page template system that takes contents from DB. And now, over
it I want to build templates for certain pages - for departments, users,
etc - so that when I change the template all pages are changed (by XSL
logicsheet). But I need ID of content source!! I can obtain it while
generating the page from XSP but in fact I could get it also while
translating XSP page to Java - that would decrease the DB and server
utilization.

Probably there is some other way to do it. I don't know - maybe
dynamically created XSL or XSP generated by other XSP - I've never tied
it. How does it works if a XSP page is generated by XSP ???

Regards,
Marcin Okraszewski