cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andrei Lunjov <and...@alpitek.com>
Subject Question: auth-fw, roles, authorisation file format
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 08:48:46 GMT
Hello,

I tried to find details in docs and samples, but seems I am quite stupid
:) Possibly I missed something improtant? I am currently developing
kind of skeleton and guidelines for quite large application to be used
for long time - so I want to make things as standard as possible.

Questions are about roles and authorisation/access delimeting.
I understood well (ok, I hope :) ) how authentication works. But what is
  with authorisation?

Suppose I have some number of roles in authentication xml produced by
authentication resource like described here
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/webapps/authentication.html
Is there any standart mechanism to allow access for particular resources
/ sitemap parts depending upon roles user has? Something like RoleMatcher?

Another question is about authentication xml format - same doc says
quite foggy about multiple roles.
would this be correct? :

<authentication>
     <ID>Unique ID of the user in the system</ID>
	<roles>
     		<role>rolename1</role>
     		<role>rolename2</role>
	</roles>
     <data>
         Any additional optional information can be supplied here.
         This will be stored in the session for later retrieval
     </data>
</authentication>

Any info appreciated.

Andrei Lunyov