cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Schatten <ala...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Deployment/Migration to linux
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2004 23:42:23 GMT
Anders Forsgren wrote:

> How difficult is it to set up a minimal linux development environment
> with tomcat and cocoon? Can it be done with a knoppix or mandrake
> livecd? Or better yet, are there any "testbed" linux distros that
> installs on windows as an application?

basically it is very simple, and I assume it should even work with
knoppix, if Java is running.

basically, you can prepare everything on, e.g., the windows machine
(side comment: allthough I have no idea why anyone would want to develop
on a windows machine *g*):

(1) compile cocoon with the war option; something like:

./build.sh war

(2) unpack tomcat

(3) copy the cocoon.war to tomcat webapps

(4) set the Java_home environment variable using (bash):

export JAVA_HOME='/....'

(5) start tomcat using /bin/startup.sh

(6) test cocoon connecting to localhost:8080/cocoon

(7) if everything is running, make a tar.gz or zip of the complete
tomcat and

(8) copy and untar/zip it on the knoppix/linux. start it and everything
should run

alex