cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: R: newbie has problems installing cocoon
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 06:19:13 GMT
Guy

There are a number of "introductory" tutorials out there... herewith
a dump of a few:
http://webreference.com/xml/column52/
http://www.developer.com/java/ent/article.php/3098661
http://www.idealliance.org/europe/03/call/xmlpapers/02-01-05.14/.02-01-05.html

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-09-2002/jw-0920-cocoon.html
http://www.xml.com/lpt/a/2002/07/10/cocoon2.html
http://www.cmswatch.com/Features/ProductWatch/FeaturedProduct/?feature_id=81

Hope these help a little

Derek

>>> guyw@multiline.com.au 2004/01/30 03:38:31 PM >>>
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> Guy Worthington wrote:

Hello Joerg,

>> Has someone written a help file on the sitemap configuration file,
>> which is current, covers the theory so that I'll be able to
>> understand the architecture of Cocoon, and has done so in less than
>> ten thousand words?

> Did you get the thing with the sitemap, the generator, transformer
> and serializer step?

Sort of. At present I'm running with the default settings.  For
instance below is my pipeline element (which I tacked onto the end of
the other pipeline elements in the main sitemap).

  <!-- added by guyw first try at publishing using Cocoon -->
  <map:pipeline>
   <map:match pattern="firsttry">
    <map:generate src="firsttry.xml"/>
    <map:transform src="firsttry.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize/>
   </map:match>
  </map:pipeline>

As you can see I'm at a lower level than even the first tutorial.

Don't get me wrong, I think the tutorial "How to develop Web
Applications" is well crafted, and if I let my eyes go out of focus so

I'm not reading the detail I can follow its logic.  It's just too
advanced at present.

What I'd really like is to start at the start with the big picture
(and maybe even a big picture) with some theory covering from the time
the client sends its request to the time it receives the final
published document from Cocoon.

And was hoping that such a beginner's resource existed either in the
documentation or in the Wiki.

believed to be clean.