cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject RE: ESQL: Problems getting null values
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 11:02:25 GMT
Leszek

Thanks for the hint...  I still cannot get this to work
properly.   I am working with mySQL.   The db seems
OK when I insert records with null values; they also
show up as nulls when I export them eg. into text

SeriesID;GraphID;CatLabel;Value
s1;c01.11;1991;
s1;c01.11;1992;
s1;c01.11;1993;
s1;c01.11;1994;3752.000000000000
s1;c01.11;1995;4135.000000000000
s1;c01.11;1996;5634.000000000000

However, trying this code:

  boolean valueNull;
 <xsp:logic>
  valueNull = <esql:is-null column="Value"/>;
  if (valueNull) {
    <y></y>
  } else {
    <y><esql:get-double column="Value"/></y>
  }
  </xsp:logic>

still results in "0.0" in the output and NOT empty
tags, as expected.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Derek

>>> ouzo@wlkp.org 2004/02/02 11:57:45 AM >>>
> I am trying to get null values in the database showing
> up in XML via an ESQL query.
<esql:is-null/>

My regards
	Leszek Gawron