cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jan Hoskens" ...@schaubroeck.be>
Subject Send Page, continue processing
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 13:37:16 GMT
Hi,

I'm having a lot of data in my app that can be accessed and changed by
users. At a given time these users will click a link and a pdf will be
generated by aggregating all the data and serializing it with fop. This
process can take quite a bit of time (and if they cancel after a while, they
break everything although it may have been the last sec) . Knowing that
users are the most impatient people (I want it fast, and I want it now!:-),
I want to give a direct response(something like your request is been taken
care of, come back after a few minutes) while in the background the pdf
pipeline is called. When the user then visits the page again there's a link
added to that document.

Is there any simple way to do something like this?

If I use sendPage() instead of sendPageAndWait() the pipelineprocessing is
given back to cocoon (in the docs), so if I place some code after that, will
cocoon first end that function (and thus giving a response) and goes on with
the remaining code? I know that this isn't the idea behind that function, I
do use it for its normal behaviour, but it's just a thought!

Or can I launch a simple thread in flowscript which calls a pipeline?

Thanks,

Jan