cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject RE: new to cocoon question
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 16:26:57 GMT
Yes, of course you can call a business delegate directly from an Action -
it's just java code.  The architecture I related in my prior post is simply
cleaner (in my opinion) because only a single action is defined in the
sitemap.  The business delegates are configured in cocoon.xconf.

As for your scenario, I don't know why you would be getting the form
parameters from woody - the action has access to the Request object which
has the request parameters in it.  Typically, a separate action (or you
would use flowscript) to validate the parameters before invoking the action
that calls the business delegate.  Notice that this makes it easy to
"compartmentalize" your operations.

Ralph