cocoon-users mailing list archives

From leo leonid <...@leonid.de>
Subject Re: advanced formatting (Help [Woody] Decimal Format incorrect from binding)
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 12:26:40 GMT

On Mar 1, 2004, at 7:53 PM, Bruno Dumon wrote:

> Anyhow, if you want a digit to show up, you should use 0, such as:
>
> <wd:pattern>#########.00</wd:pattern>
>
> See also here for more information on the patterns:
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/text/DecimalFormat.html

It just would be too cool, if wd:convertor gave you means to control
formatting as described for DecimalFormat. I gave up trying to find
something equivalent to

<i18n:number type="currency" currency="de_DE" fraction-digits="0"
src-locale="en_US">${priceEUR}</i18n:number>

that displays my decimal
                          o  localized
                          o  in an explicitly defined currency
                          o  omitting digits behind decimal piont (cents)

if there is a way to do this, please tell me.

thanks
/leo