cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: cocoon alternative
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:35:31 GMT
Arnaud

This is a long and ongoing debate - I suggest you browse
through the mailing list - just a search for 'struts' brings
up some interesting mails (you'll see a few recent ones from
me) - but it seems that very few people have actually worked
extensively in both environments (or, if they have, they are
not telling us about it...).

Obviously I am also biased towards Cocoon because a lot of
my work is also in non-complex web sites and need for XML-
based publishing.  Your situation sounds somewhat similar
and I one would say that if someone else wanted to NOT use
Cocoon they would have to demonstrate that it has all the
capabilities of Cocoon + more.

BTW, I assume you have seen:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonCompared
(and the links off of it - esp to other frameworks)

>>> arnaud.de-brem@fr.adp.com 2004/03/12 03:09:25 PM >>>
Thanks, but what the advantage of Struts against Coccon2.1 + Forms.
In my opinion , Cocoon2.1 + Forms is more attractive because represent
MVC+
sparation of Logic / Content /Style (is right ???)

The presentation is for a company who use a lot of XML data (and many
type
of representation (HTML, PDF, SVG, etc..)

At 14:24 12/03/2004 +0200, you wrote:
>Um, you could try:
>http://barracudamvc.org/Barracuda/index.html
>or
>http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/index.html
>
>which are compared here (not sure how well,
>but you could use this to try and see where and
>how Cocoon relates to both):
>http://barracudamvc.org/Barracuda/docs/barracuda_vs_struts.html
>
>Of course, I am sure there other, M$-based approaches
>as well - just consult the marketing dept. ;-)

>Hi,
>I have to make a presentation of Coccon and I have to present
>alternative
>solutions.
>Do you know alternative solutions ???
>
>Thanks