cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nina Juliadotter" <nvjul...@it.uts.edu.au>
Subject Newbie: Searching with html form parameters
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 06:50:06 GMT
Hi everyone,

Is there an obvious and reasonable simple way to search a XML repository (= a bunch
of XML documents) using POST parameters supplied to by the user?

What I have is an HTML form where the user can enter some search criteria and submit
this, and get back all xml documents matching this (the documents all conform to a
certain XML schema, so the elements in it are known). For example, there is an
<input type="text" name="street"> where the user can enter the street name, and get
back all XML documents that have a "street" element with the same value as the one
supplied by the user.

In a "normal" servlet/jdbc environment (relational database), this is so straight
forward, but how would I ideally go about doing this in Cocoon? I've glanced at
Xindice and Cocoon's Lucene, but it all seems so complicated that I'm starting to
think I'm not looking in the right direction.

Has anybody done something similar and can point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Nina