cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Schwarz" <saschw...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: (Easy) Passing a Variable From Sitemap to StyleSheet?
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 03:36:44 GMT
David
You can't do it directly within the document. But maybe you just need to
think about the problem a little differently. Remember you don't need this
aggregate document to "physically" exist. It just needs to be assembled at
some point in your pipeline.

So I'd use a stylesheet to get what you. Often you can structure your
stylesheet(s) as a general template into which you pass params to configure
the included subelements. So you might have a simple document (say a table
layout template for your page) and use the pipeline to pass the
configuration information to the stylesheet that modifies your basic
document. I do this with a single style sheet into which I pass params to
cinclude the various fixed and variable content of each page's layout.

HTH,
Steve