Hi,

We are currently migrating our website from a pure JSP environment to Cocoon and have run into a problem.

The majority of our webpages have a header and footer, both of which are fragments of xhtml documents, that we would like to include on each page.  We have tried using the CInclude transformer to include these elements, but cocoon seems to be upset that the files are not well formed (see error message below).

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.: file:/static/headerTest.html:6:1:org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.

We have also tried the XInclude transformer without success.  Is there a way to include fragments of XHTML/XML documents in larger documents to create one well-formed document?

I have included some sample code below.

file:/static/test.html

   <c:include src="static/headerTest.html"/>
   <b>The Body</b>
   <c:include src="static/footerTest.html"/>

file:/static/headerTest.html

file:/static/footerTest.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--

Garrick Dasbach

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  The information in this transmission is private, confidential, may be legally privileged, is property of the sender and is intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the addressee, you should not read, disclose, distribute, copy, use or rely upon the information contained in this transmission.  If you have received this transmission in error please delete or destroy it and notify DIGONEX TECHNOLOGIES, INC. immediately at (317) 638-4154.