cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Katrin Schoenherr" <k_schoenh...@gmx.de>
Subject JAI and Cocoon
Date Sun, 29 Aug 2004 15:00:13 GMT
Hello,

I need the support of .png or .tif-files and I am stuck with JAI.
I installed jai_core.jar and jai_codec.jar for the support of tiff- and
png-images as described in http://xml.apache.org/fop/graphics.html
Then I rebuilt cocoon again and get a message "Please update the
lib/jars.xml file to include the fop/lib/jai_core.jar and jai_codec.jar ..."
I've done that. The next message was "Please add version number or datestamp
..."  So I tried to rename the jars like this:

<file>
    <title>JAI</title>
    <description>blablabla</description>
    <used-by>FOP Block</used-by>
    <lib>fop/lib/jai_core-1_1_1.jar</lib>
    <homepage>http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jai/</homepage>
  </file>

The build was sucessful. But again, it didnt work.
There is an Out of Memory Error for PNG-Pictures and Tiff-Files too.
Did someone experience this troubles and can help me out?
The files are tiny. I tried the minimal.fo.-example in the FOP-Block.
I am using Cocoon 2.1.5.1 on windows xp.

Thanks,
Katrin Schoenherr