cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Rui Alberto L." Gonçalves <rui-l-goncal...@ptinovacao.pt>
Subject request attribute / xml
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 10:48:18 GMT
Hi all,

I have an html page with a list of items. The user is
allowed to switch items position and optionally create
"folders" and place some items inside this folder. (Done
with javascript) Once the user is happy with the selections, submits
the request and there's a request attribute  witch its value is a
String (with xml syntax) representing what the user submitted.
Ex:
<doc>
 <item>A</item>
 <folder name="I created this folder and placed items B and C inside">
   <item>B</item>
   <item>C</item>
 </folder>
 <item>D</item>
</doc>

I need to transform this string to XML for further processing
with cocoon.

Does cocoon offers some way to help solving this problem? Anyone
wold like to suggest a better approach to this problem? (changing
the way the request is done, etc... ? )

I can use RequestGenerator and then pass a stylesheet and
parse this string with xslt, but this does't look clean.

Thanks for any help, opinion, suggestion, etc...

Rui

--
Rui Alberto L. Gonçalves <rui-l-goncalves@ptinovacao.pt>
PT Inovação