cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Timur Izhbulatov,,," <ti...@yxo.ru>
Subject Re: Cforms, Binding & Cross-Referenced data
Date Sun, 01 Aug 2004 15:00:39 GMT
On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 01:45:23AM +0100, Ben Pope wrote:
> When you say "Use xinclude (or cinclude) transformer:" I'm not sure if you
> mean I should actually parse the above data with it... If so, then the rest
> of the example doesn't seem to make sense as I lose the xi:include elements.
> E.g., the repeater row-path"xi:include" would fail, so I'll have to assume
> that I'm leaving the data as it is, not transforming it.
Of course, you don't have to use this transformer when you do binding.
But you may use it in another pippeline (e.g. to display the data).

> The identity won't work, 'cos <xi:include> elements don't have an id
> attribute.  Of course... I could give it an idref, but that would seem to be
> going back to the way I had it.
What if you just add the "id" attribute to the "xi:include" element?

> My personName doesn't work either, there is obviously no variable named id,
> I don't know how to locate the correct element to bind to.  I think this is
> the crux of the problem.
Oops. I didn't think about it =)
In case if we can have an "id" attribute in each "xi:include" element,
can we find the way to "ask" repeater for current id value?