cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Memory leaks in Cocoon?
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:21:42 GMT
Alexandre Victoor dijo:
> Hello
> I have observed the same think. Without any XSL transformation, cocoon
> consume about 300Kb per request.But that does not mean at all that there
> is
> a memory leak. When the garbage collector performs a full gc, all the
> memory is freed. I have done lots of stress tests, I have not seen any
> leaks.

Yep. Please remember that the component pools (generator, transformers,
etc.) and the cache is working. That consume memory. After cocoon starts
cache start to fill up and the component pool start to grow. They will
live (read use memory) based on the parameters of cocoon.xconf. Perhaps
there is where the memory goes.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo