cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Kjeldahl Nilsson ...@marcello.no>
Subject Passing a pipeline exception\error to an error handler function?
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 12:50:22 GMT
Hello all,

I'm writing some cocoon error handling for my project, and I'm a little
stumped here. I've got a single error handle now, looking like this:

<map:handle-errors>
    <map:generate src="documents/html/cocoon_error.html"/>
    <map:serialize/>
</map:handle-errors>

What I'd like to do is call a flowscript function called "errorFlow"
which does some logging and other misc. logic before sending a
jxtemplate page with the final, prettily formatted and translated error
message. I need to pass the original exception object to this flowscript
in order to do this. In other words I'd like something like this:

<map:handle-errors>
    <map:call function="errorFlow">
        <map:parameter name="exceptionObject" value="[exceptionObject]"/>
    </map:call>
</map:handle-errors>

So the million dollar question is: How do I get and pass the original
exception object to the flowscript?

Thomas Kjeldahl Nilsson
Oslo, Norway