cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joel McConaughy <j...@displayware.com>
Subject Re: Where to store a hibernate session in Flow?
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 02:34:08 GMT
Good to hear from you, Mark.  Actually, what I'd like to do is keep the
session factory open during the course of either the session or
application context.  Then I can just open and close sessions as needed
-- hopefully providing a performance improvement.  If there really isn't
any way to get notified when the session or application context get
invalidated so I can close the factory, then they are pretty useless IMO.

As an alternative, I could write an HttpSessionListener implementation
however since this is called by the container (configured in the web.xml
file), I don't know how to access it from Flow.

This is one of those things that seems like it should be simple.  Any
ideas?  Thanks in advance.