cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Kjeldahl Nilsson ...@marcello.no>
Subject Returning markup strings from jexl\jxtemplate-called functions?
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:12:09 GMT
Hello,

I'm stuck on something here. Hope any of you can shed light on it..

I have a jxtemplate page. In this page I call a function on a java
object, like so:

${someObject.getHTMLText()}

someObject.getHTMLText returns a String containing text and markup.
When called from another java object, getHTMLText returns:

  "This is html markup <br>"

However, when I call getHTMLText() from a template, the output ends up
like this:

  This is html markup &lt;br&gt;

Is there some way of forcing the jxtemplate call to treat the function
output as xml, not a text string
(ie outputting xml\html markup without "translating" the xml\markup
elements)?

Regards,
Thomas Kjeldahl Nilsson
Oslo, Norway