cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Lange <w...@petit-atelier.ch>
Subject Re: Good practise for international site (URI-designing)
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2004 14:54:45 GMT
Hi Joose

I used option 2 for a large site, with a complete user request space
available in all langages. If some content is not available in some
language, I put an explicit mention about the missing translation on
that page, plus a text in some other langage.

For instance: this page is available in french, german, italian and
english, but not rumantsch; so there's a mention:
http://www.gallerie-ph.ch/rm/events/construct-sonor/klanginstall/index.html

All this handled thru Linkrewriter and i18n message catalogs, so there
is no link manipulation needed in the XSLT. By the way: the linkmap gets
translated in each language also, of course. The message catalogs are
generated.
--
Olivier