cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Pratik <prat...@skytechsolutions.co.in>
Subject using templates to define lenya pages
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2004 08:16:03 GMT
I am very new to Lenya. I will be grateful if anyone can throw some light on my
problem. I am trying to build a template based website. I want to define xsl
files corresponding to each template. The user should have the capability to
choose a template while creating pages. Right now the page2xhtml template is
used for all pages.
Also is it possible to make the templates derivable from each other. Say a base
template containing header and footer and editable regions for body and side
bar. The page2xhtml contains a template cmsbody where all the body content
goes. If I want to override, i have to overrride the entire cmsbody which will
also override the header and footer. Is there any way to break up the cmsbody
template into multiple templates for header, footer and body so that the header
and footer are part of base template and only the body and side bar are
overriden.
Thanks in advance
Pratik