cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Best of both worlds Cocoon & JSF.
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 07:10:14 GMT
Gareth

Off topic here.... but, it would be great to see acknowledgement
of the use of Cocoon somewhere on your site (eg. the 'about'
page) - or maybe its somewhere obvious that I missed?

Derek

PS "Privicy" is spelt "Privacy". ;-)
PPS The "On-line Management" section under overview still
has the Latin "fill in" text displayed...

>>> birdy@rentmanager.co.uk 2004/08/06 08:22:54 PM >>>
Hi Chaps and Ladies,

I have been looking at cocoon now for nearly a year. I have watched
with excitement as the product has developed and moved forward. One of
the areas that I have had a need for is forms, Woody is now CForms and
provides a very usable structure. I have also looked at JSF, and found
that also be very useful.

Now I understand the benefits of Cocoon for web applications, and love
the technology. JSF provides a forms frame work, but it does have the
advantage now of an IDE (Java Studio Creator). Which allows for rapid
creation of forms. I think I have concluded that I am interested in the
best of both worlds.

I have read http://www.developer.com/open/article.php/10930_3348311_1
(spinning code with XSLT and JSF with Cocoon) and think it is an
excellent method to bring the benefits of two great technologies.

My question to all, is has any one else done this. If so how? And also
what pain points did the project encounter. I love CForms, but the IDE
makes JSF more painless. So I am examining the impact of taking this
approach.

Many thanks in advance for any help or guidance.

Gareth Bird.

(I'll the question, about integrating XMLBeans, and OpenCMS integration
for another day!!!)

www.rentmanager.co.uk is my attempt at my first cocoon app using
Cocoon, JBoss (J2EE), MySql it's not complete, and runs off a spare PC
at home.  But I believe in Cocoon/XSL/JBOSS as an architecure.

believed to be clean.