cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Anna, Maha" <maha.a...@canopysystems.com>
Subject C2 XSP does not try-catch user's Exceptions
Date Sun, 09 Jan 2005 02:48:34 GMT
Hi All,

I am upgrading some of Cocoon1(C1) XSPs in our Java Web application to work
with Cocoon2 (C2).  My xsps have some <xsp : logic> code which can throw our
custom defined Exception called 'FhcException' which extends from
java.lang.Exception class. The problem I see now in C2 is, my XSPs do not
compile. I see a "Unhandled Exception FhcException' compilation error in my
browser, when I try to access that XSPs. I did some research over the net
and it looks like C2's  XSPGenerator's ( the XSP generated java file)
'generate()' method can only throw SAXException, IOException or
ProcessingException.

Does this mean, that in C2 , I need to fix all my XSPs to  try-catch all my
FhCException and rethrow as  ProcessException? I have a lots of XSPs to
upgrade to C2. Is there any other patch/fix to handle the users exception in
one single place?

Here are some more details:
Cocoon Version : 2.1.6
Platform : JBoss 4.0 with Tomcat 5.0
OS : Win XP
Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards,
Maha Annadurai
Canopy Systems
Chapel Hill
NC, USA

This email contains confidential or proprietary information which may be
legally privileged.  If you are not the named recipient, you should
immediately delete it from your computer system.