cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Andrzej Jan Taramina" <andr...@chaeron.com>
Subject Long running requests and timeouts?
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:24:50 GMT
I have a situation where some requests that get sent to Cocoon are very long
running (basically batch operations).  I've been testing with a request that
takes just over 7 minutes to process and returns and XML document as a
response.

The problem I'm having is that the response gets truncated.  It's always
truncated at a consistent spot (3207 characters for some reason, that's
what Firefox reports).

Shorter running requests don't truncate anything, regardless of how long the
response might be.

I'm running Cocoon 2.1.5 under Tomcat 5.0.28 and my Connector in the Tomcat server.xml file

looks like:

<Connector port="80"
	debug="0" connectionTimeout="20000"
 	disableUploadTimeout="true" />

Is the Tomcat connectionTimeout value the one that might be contributing to this
behaviour?

Are there any other timeout settings that might affect this, specifically in Cocoon?

Thanks!

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com