cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Carol Gray <cg...@calmail.berkeley.edu>
Subject error with webservice called from cocoon
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 00:05:31 GMT
Hello,
I have a Cocoon application (cocoon-2.1.4) that is running under JBoss and
calls a small webservice. The cocoon classes are in WEB-INF of the main web
application ("sali.war") directory.

A second web application ("webservice.war"), contains a jsp mapped as a
servlet and acting as the webservice. This is mapped as "event.service".
The "event.service" is called from the pipeline. I can call the webservice
url directly and verify that it is running. It uses jdom-b10.jar, which is
in WEB-INF/lib of the webservice application.

This combination of web applications works just fine with jboss-4.0.0RC1 on
a Macintosh with OS X (10.3.7) or Macintosh OS X Server (10.3.7). However,
when I run the web applications under jboss-4.0.1 on Macintosh OS X Server,
I get the following error:
"org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid content type from service: text/xml;
charset ISO-8859-1".

 From searching the web, it appears that this may be a general SOAP error.
However, I'm not sure how to identify the source of the problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, especially pointers regarding the
difference between possible configuration changes that might have occurred
between the two environments, jboss-4.0.0RC1 and 4.0.1.
Thanks,

Carol