cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Zirl" <alex.z...@web.de>
Subject AW: AW: Infantile Download page question...
Date Sat, 15 Jan 2005 12:16:01 GMT
So how did you accomplish the task in the end. Via the zip method?

  _____

Von: users-return-76174-alex.zirl=web.de@cocoon.apache.org
[mailto:users-return-76174-alex.zirl=web.de@cocoon.apache.org] Im Auftrag
von beyaRecords
Gesendet: Thursday, January 13, 2005 9:16 PM
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: Infantile Download page question...

All sorted.. thanks for your help ;-)

On 13 Jan 2005, at 16:58, beyaRecords wrote:

Any ideas anybody?

On 13 Jan 2005, at 13:01, jiBeya wrote:

Hi,
in regards to my earlier question I have come across the zip serializer:

<zip:archive xmlns:zip="http://apache.org/cocoon/zip-archive/1.0">
<zip:entry name="foo.html" src="cocoon://dynFoo.html"/>
<zip:entry name="images/bar.jpeg" src="bar.jpeg"/>
<zip:entry name="index.html" serializer="html">
<head>
<title>Index page</title>
</head>
Please go <a href="foo.html">there</a>
</zip:entry>
</zip:archive>

Could someone explain to me what this code does as it makes no sense to me?

The process i want to implement is as follows:

1. Credit card payments for track( artists music) is accepted
2. The user is then sent an email confirming their purchase. In the email i
will provide a link which when clicked will enable the download of the zip
containing the purchased tracks.

The above have already been implemented, minus the link.

So is it possible once the link has been clicked in the email to start a
process which will dynamically zip up the purchased tracks and then download
the zip package? Or is it better to have a zip package already sitting on
the server, and clicking the email link will start downloading a zip which
already exists in a specific location?

Uzo