cocoon-users mailing list archives

From beyaRecords <...@beyarecords.com>
Subject Re: AW: Infantile Download page question...
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:01:56 GMT

On 12 Jan 2005, at 22:38, Benedikt Heinen wrote:

>> Instead, why not
>> package the mp3's in a zip container, and transfer that one?
>> Alternatively,
>> you could simply generate a download page listing the file locations.
>> However, the zip method seems to be a smarter idea.

Ok,

I did actually think about packaging the music files into a zip folder,
which I know would be easy to do in cocoon, but thought that the actual
size of the files (maybe 5 meg + each) would be a problem in terms of
the time taken zipping them up and then downloading the zip bundle.

The frames option would be a nightmare only for the fact that a user
could purchase 15 tracks for which I would then need to have 15
frames!!??

Do any of you guys know how apple deliver music to customers via their
iTunes store? Is it packaged into a zip folder or are the tracks
downloaded individually?