cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andrew MacDonald <andrew_james_macdon...@yahoo.com>
Subject How do I see who's online?
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 18:32:34 GMT
Hello,
I'd like to add a feature to the portal which lists
the users who are currently logged in, similar to that
which many message boards have.
My understanding is that a session context is created
for each user that is logged in. So my thinking is
that I might somehow get a list of all the session
contexts and thereby know who's logged in. But looking
at the API for org.apache.cocoon.environment.Session I
see that "Session information is scoped only to the
current context (Context), so information stored in
one context will not be directly visible in another".
Is there some way around this? Perhaps using the
SessionManager?
I am using Cocoon. 2.1.5 and Tomcat 5.0.27 (if that is
helpful).

Thanks,
Andrew