cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Messing, Elad" <elad.mess...@eml-d.villa-bosch.de>
Subject Authorization (not Authentication) in Cocoon Auth. framework
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 12:20:12 GMT
Hello All
	I am looking for the best way to handle authorization in my
application.
	Authentication is handled nicely by the Auth. Framework, but I
cannot seem to find the hook for the authorization..

	What I mean is, once a user is requesting for a resource, the
Auth.
Framework is checking if the user authenticated - I.E. already passed
through the login procedure, and now has a session with the auth.
Context etc. This is good, but I also need to check if the user - now
that I know it has been authenticated - has the authorization of
accessing the specific resource.
	I was looking for an "Authorizator" interface, or something
similar, to allow me a hook where I can introduce the code that will use
the user's Role, with my database of permissions. I cannot seem to find
it..

	What would you suggest ?

	Thank you !

Elad Messing