cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Messing, Elad" <elad.mess...@eml-d.villa-bosch.de>
Subject AW: AW: AW: AW: Design note - Building a template mechanism
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:47:17 GMT
Hello stavros and all
	Stavros - I am continuing with my questions regarding your example.
	Currently, the title of each page is hard coded in the layout.xhtml file. (home).

	I was looking at a way to use the already present
	"
<head>
	<title>website title</title>
</head>
	"
	tag in the content files, and replace the title in the layout.

	What I did is to add to the "apply_layout.xsl" file this match :
	"
  <!-- if page-title is defined in the content page, I am using it to replace the HTML
title-->
  <xsl:template match="head/title">
		<xsl:choose>
			<xsl:when test="//osm:page-title">
				<title><xsl:value-of select="//osm:page-title"/></title>
			</xsl:when>
			<xsl:otherwise>
				<title><xsl:apply-templates/></title>
			</xsl:otherwise>
		</xsl:choose>
  </xsl:template>
 	"
	In order to - when going through the title - look if there is a specific title to use - and
use it.

	However - I am having problems with this match '<xsl:template match="head/title">'
.

	This is because of namespaces. In this phase of the transformation, the relevant XML looks
like :
	"
<site><layout>

	<head xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:osm="http://osmosis.gr/osml/1.0" xmlns:jx="http://apache.org/cocoon/templates/jx/1.0">
		<title>Home</title>
		<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>

		<LINK HREF="layout-resources/styles/style.css" TYPE="text/css" REL="stylesheet"/>
	</head>
	"

	Because the 'aggregate' (in the sitemap.xml) removed the root element, the namespace moved
to the next item - the "header" item - and the template match for "head/title" doesn’t match.
I am not an Xpath expert - But I think this is a default namespace problem.

	Do you know what Xpath expression I need to use here ? Or maybe this is the wrong way ?

	Thanks !!

Elad