cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Messing, Elad" <elad.mess...@eml-d.villa-bosch.de>
Subject AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: Design note - Building a template mechanism
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:30:56 GMT
Hello stavros
	Thanks for the fast reply, just seen it....

	I understand that not all is implemented, this is why I thought about adding this functionality
- and came to the problem of Xpath and namespaces.

	Also - I thought about the solution you offered in the Email first, but it have the problem
that every content page should define <osm:title-copy/> tag. And I wanted to allow the
default "home" tag to remain if there is no "<osm:title-copy/>" in the content page.
This is why I chose the other solution - which deals with this scenario. (see below). But
then I had some problems with the fact that the <head> tag had a default name space.

	Is there a way around it ? I couldn't find the Xpath expression to resolve the head tag..
What do you think ?

	Thanks

Elad

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: gounis@osmosis.gr [mailto:gounis@osmosis.gr]
Gesendet: Freitag, 8. April 2005 19:10
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: Design note - Building a template mechanism

hi elad

i tell you again that i have not decide yet how many steps (tranformation) i need to get the
final stuff

to get the title for the momend you have to touch

main.layout.xhtml:

<head>
  <title>
    <osm:title-copy/>
  </title>
</head>

and
apply-layout.xsl:
here you must set instruction of you to handle <osm:title-copy/>

adding 2 match pattern:

  <xsl:template match="osm:title-copy">
    <xsl:call-template name="getTitle"/>
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template name="getTitle">
	<xsl:apply-templates select="//osm:page-title/text()"/>
  </xsl:template>

another one point in sitemap that you have to fix is to add this transformation

<map:transform src="osml/core/load-layout.xsl"/>

in

<map:match pattern="xml/**.*">

so this match will lokk like the one above it (xml/*.*)

i will make a try to find some time to clean up the code in the next days

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005, Messing, Elad wrote:

> Hello stavros and all
> 	Stavros - I am continuing with my questions regarding your example.
> 	Currently, the title of each page is hard coded in the layout.xhtml file. (home).
>
> 	I was looking at a way to use the already present
> 	"
> <head>
> 	<title>website title</title>
> </head>
> 	"
> 	tag in the content files, and replace the title in the layout.
>
> 	What I did is to add to the "apply_layout.xsl" file this match :
> 	"
>   <!-- if page-title is defined in the content page, I am using it to replace the
HTML title-->

xmlns:jx="http://apache.org/cocoon/templates/jx/1.0">
> 		<title>Home</title>
> 		<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>
>
> 		<LINK HREF="layout-resources/styles/style.css" TYPE="text/css" REL="stylesheet"/>
> 	</head>
> 	"
>
> 	Because the 'aggregate' (in the sitemap.xml) removed the root element, the namespace
moved to the next item - the "header" item - and the template match for "head/title" doesn’t
match. I am not an Xpath expert - But I think this is a default namespace problem.

> 	Do you know what Xpath expression I need to use here ? Or maybe this is the wrong way
?

> 	Thanks !!
>
> Elad

a newbie.. They do however make it work :)
> > 	Feel free to remove what is not needed.
> >
> > 	Hope it will help somebody someday - like it helped me..
> >
> > Elad
>
> thnx
>
> i'll post the link for the demo site in this thread afternoon
>

> --stavros

in code. What do you think about me adding the fixes to make the example work by copy paste
? Is it needed ?