cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Elad Messing" <elad.mess...@gmail.com>
Subject AW: Design note - Building a template mechanism
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 10:09:54 GMT
Hello Stavros and all
	Thanks for the reply. I think I understand the usage of it as you
explained in the "TemplateBasedWebSite" wiki page.
	I also found the Othello example in the Scratchpad.

	Currently I am studying the wiki example, trying to build the same
in my environment.

	Do you think the wiki example is still valid today, or you would
have done this in a different way in Cocoon 2.1.7 ? This is actually my
question :)

	Thanks

Elad

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: gounis@osmosis.gr [mailto:gounis@osmosis.gr]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 5. April 2005 11:38
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Design note - Building a template mechanism

hi elad

i'm using this approach to create static web static web sites the goals are:
- yu  have one layout file (.xhtml). then i get the content form each
request (requested web page) and put it inside this layout (now i'm close to
have pages (web requests) that make an exception and use an alternative
layout)

- you can define blocks with static content (html fragments) that can be
reused in any page

- you can define your own elements that are translated to complex html

- there is a simple html 2 pdf transformation, so you are able to server
content pages as simple pdfs

- you can change the theme for your site

all this out of the box without to touch the sitemap.xmap

there is a sample in cocoon sample /scratchpad called Othello than
demostrate all this but it's quite old

i have a new version with many modification but i dont have found time to
make a pacth in bugzilla

if you want i can pack my working directory with some demo site to take a
look

regards
-stavros