cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: SourceWritingTransformer
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 07:31:16 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>On Mie, 6 de Abril de 2005, 9:43, Sylvain Wallez dijo:
>

>>David Merrilees wrote:
>>

>>>Has anyone got a working example of SourceWritingTransformer? I can't
>>>get a peep out of it.

Apache Lenya uses it for saving the content of the various editors
(at least within 1.2), but yes we were also encountering some problems,
but were able to solve them by patching the DOMStreamer (thanks to
Josias Thoeny) which is being used by the SourceWritingTransformer.

>>Rather than using a transformer, you really should consider using the
>>flowscript and the PipelineUtil class, or the copy-source action.

is there a more concrete example on this?

>>Pipelines are meant to producing content and not to have side effects.
>>The SourceWritingTransformer was designed at a time when other solutions
>>weren't available and shouldn't be considered as good practice.
>>

>It's time to deprecate it? ;-)

if so, then I think it's necessary to offer a pointer to what is
considered best practice.

Thanks

Michi

>Best Regards,