cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mattom <mat...@gmx.at>
Subject Dynamic generation of CForms
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 09:23:17 GMT
Hi all !

After mastering my custom generator problems I am facing CForms now.

What I want to achieve is:
o) query my db access objects for metadata - this will give me xml trees
describing the tree structure of my db data
o) transform this metadata xml to a CForms definition
o) render the form

I had a look at the form samples and found some useful info in the form1
example.

This example does almost everything the way I'd like to do it, calling a
custom action that generates the form instance, and do the rendering in
the pipeline. All I have to do, is to replace the "static" filebased
generation of the form instance by my dynamically generated form definition.

Now I am not sure what the approach would be, should I

o) Stay with a custom action, query my db object for the xml metadata
and do a xslt transformation in the action to get my form instance
or
o) Do a pipeline  approach, with a generator getting xml from my db
layer, then a pipeline xslt transformation

Thank you,
Tom