cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: SourceWritingTransformer
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 19:53:23 GMT
Michael Wechner wrote:

> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>> On Mie, 6 de Abril de 2005, 9:43, Sylvain Wallez dijo:
>
>>> Rather than using a transformer, you really should consider using the
>>> flowscript and the PipelineUtil class, or the copy-source action.
>>>

> is there a more concrete example on this?

I second this question, Sylvain.
A big advantage of transformers is that they can take a
dynamically-generated list of source/dest files as input.
I don't know how to do that with an action -- is it possible?
Also, the copy-source action is not documented in the Cocoon user docs
that I can find; all there is is the CopySourceAction class API doc,
which is hard for users to find unless they already know it's there.

 > > It's time to deprecate it? ;-)

 > if so, then I think it's necessary to offer a pointer to what is
considered best practice.

Yes!

Lars