cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: document() function in Saxon 8.3 under Cocoon 2.1.7
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2005 07:18:55 GMT
Wendell Piez wrote:
> Yes. Further research has suggested that problems with it in the past
> should have nothing to do with this case. The FAQ warns against
> document() and offers intelligible reasons for avoiding it, but
> apparently it is supposed to work.

Well, in the 2.0.x series and early 2.1.x releases changes in content
pulled in via document() indeed didn't cause invalidation of the
cached pipeline result. Touch one of the sources of the generators
in the pipeline, or the stylesheet itself in order to reset the
cache and see whether it helps.

In my experience, Saxon 7.3 also had the habit of logging NPEs
from its EntityResolver and occasionally causing failures when
using document() in Cocoon 2.1.5. I was not able to reproduce
the problem consistently, and ultimately switched to pipeline
aggregation and XInclude.

J.Pietschmann